Today I went to the 10 show as Lu Ann’s guest. I scheduled an appointment with her to do my assignment for professional development, which was to do an information-gathering interview with someone who has a job in the field of communication. After the recording of the show was over she took me backstage and gave me a little tour of the building as well as introduced me to the 10! show production team. I got to see the studio as well as the newsroom where they put together the news that comes in.
Some helpful tips:
- Know how to use social media effectively
- Be proficient in multiple medium (audio, video, print etc…)
- Be able to think quickly on your feet
- Be prepared to work as a “one-man-band”
- Love what you do and don’t whine
- It’s always good to start out in a small market